The Glickman-Popkin Bassoon Camp’s 40th Session
At the stunning Wildacres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, NC
The dates for the 2017 session are Monday, May 29 through
Thursday, June 8.
It’s time to start planning for Bassoon Camp! Come join us on the mountain for outstanding instruction, performances, spontaneous chamber music collaborations, plus ample time in nature to relax.
This year’s daily masterclasses will be given by our Camp founding father Loren Glickman, assisted by the legendary Leonard Hindell. We are also very pleased to welcome magnificent guest artists Xie Fei, principal bassoonist with the Baltimore Symphony, and Michael Sweeney, principal bassoonist with the Toronto Symphony, and William Ludwig, professor of bassoon at Indiana University. Our program also features bassoon repairs for all full-session Campers by Paul Nordby, of world-renowned Paul Nordby Bassoon Repair. Our daily classes in Reed Making will continue this year, given by reed guru Jim Poe.
Reserve your place today by submitting your $250 deposit via our online registration form. All deposits are non-refundable after the first of May.
Thanks to the generosity of past and present Campers, we have a limited number of partial scholarships available for those in critical need. Camp generally fills up by May 1st so email to check availability.
Cost for 2017 is $825 for bassoonists and $725 for guests/guardians.
- Legendary Loren Glickman, who will most certainly whip you into shape
- Outstanding Guest Artists
- Reed classes by expert reed maker Jim Poe
- Paul Nordby Bassoon Repair, to ensure your bassoon sings in tiptop shape
- Nancy Johnston, our accompanist.
- T.D. Ellis and Justin Miller will once again provide their well stocked stores of music and bassoon supplies
- Massage Therapy by Maria Narf-Spuller
- Yoga classes with certified yoga instructor Jessica Lang Wright
- Porch time with flowers, trees, spectacular mountain views, and much laughter