Class Repertoire for 2017
All excerpts are in the Stadio or will be in the camp booklet received upon arrival. All solos and etudes are available from TD at The Music Source
This is just a start there is MORE to come on these lists so please check back.
1) Herzberg Scale and Long tone routine
2) Figaro, Tchaik 4, Rite of Spring, Bartok Concerto for orchestra, Sibelius 2, Beethoven 9, Maybe Shostakovich 10 for 2 bassoons and contra?
3) Some solo French pieces: Saint-Saens sonata, Bitsch, Dutilleux.
1) breathing, support and the flexibility of the system for the musical gesture.
2) embouchure/voicing relationships with development and use for color, intonation, and dynamic control and
3) approaches to practicing/developing Milde Scale and Concert etudes.
2) Excerpts: Bolero, Beethoven 4, Scheherazade, Tchaikovsky-5, Alborada, Shostakovich 7 and 9, Verdi Requiem
- Monday, May 29th 7:30pm
Beethoven – Symphony #8 Stadio pg. 23
Bizet – Carmen Stadio pg. 119
Mozart – Quintet Stadio pg. 10
- Wednesday. May 31 10am
Haydn – Symphony in G Stadio pg.3
Beethoven – Symphony #7 Stadio pg.28
Rossini – Barber of Seville Stadio pg. 42
- Thursday, June 1 10am
Mozart – Piano Concerto in G Camp book
Pergolesi/Stravinsky – Pulcinella Suite Stadio pg. 79
Schumann – Symphony #1 Stadio pg. 92
Verdi – Aida Stadio pg. 50
- Monday, June 5 10am
Beethoven – Quintet Stadio pg. 27
Strauss – Heldenleben Camp Book
Dukas – Sorcerer’s Apprentice Camp Book
- Wednesday, June 7 10am
Schubert – Octet Stadio pg. 90
Schumann – Symphony #4 Camp Book
Ravel – Piano Concerto in G Camp Book