The Glickman-Popkin Bassoon Camp’s 37th Session, May 26-June 5, 2014, Wildacres, NC is now complete.
The Mountain awaits! Yes, it’s still wintertime, but soon spring will be in the air, and the Mountain will be calling us to bring our bassoons and further sundry shenanigans in order to commune at the top of the world once more! Daily opportunities abound for performances, spontaneous chamber music collaborations, plus ample time in nature to relax.
Thanks to the generosity of past and present Campers, we have a limited number of partial scholarships available for those in critical need. Camp generally fills up by May 1st so email to check availability. All deposits are non-refundable after the first of May.
- Legendary Loren Glickman, who will most certainly whip you into shape
- Chris Weait, professor of bassoon at the Capital University Conservatory of Music in Columbus, Ohio and is emeritus professor of bassoon at The Ohio State University.
- Barrick Stees, Assistant Principal Bassoonist of the Cleveland Orchestra.
- Ted Soluri, Principal Bassoonist of the Milwaukee Symphony.
- Reed classes by expert reed maker Jim Poe
- Paul Nordby Bassoon Repair, to ensure your bassoon sings in tiptop shape
- Nancy Johnston‘s amazing pianistic prowess
- T.D. Ellis and Justin Miller will once again provide their well stocked stores of music and bassoon supplies
- Massage Therapy by Maria Narf-Spuller
- Yoga classes with certified yoga instructor Jessica Lang Wright
- Porch time with flowers, trees, spectacular mountain views, and much laughter
APPLY NOW! Registration is closed