for this year’s GPBC Guest Artist
In an effort to allow campers to better prepare themselves for the lectures and masterclasses of our guest artists, we post a list of excerpts and solos that the guests will be covering. Where possible, please have your own copy of the musical selections at camp. Our music provider, T. D. Ellis of The Music Source will have a limited number of copies on hand at camp, and you can also order a personal copy in advance.
Orchestral excerpts not found in the Stadio book will be available for pickup at registration. Please note, NO MUSIC WILL BE MAILED IN ADVANCE. All copies are for personal study only and will be printed on 8×11 paper, not standard orchestra size.
- Ravel – “Rhapsody Espagnole” ( 1st and 2nd Bassoon)
- Ravel – “Piano Concerto for the Left Hand” (1st Bassoon and Contra solos)
- Falla – all solos from The Complete “Three Cornered Hat”
- Shostakovich – Sym # 4
- Shostakovich – Sym #
- 7 Shostakovich – Sym # 8
- Richard Strauss – “Don Quixote”, Var. I X (1st and 2nd Bassoon)
- Bach Air from Suite No 1 (arr. Schoenbach, ed Theodore Presser
- Britten Nocturne (The Kracken, inspired by Tennyson’s poem)
- Ravel Alborado del Grazioso
- Tschaikovsky Symphony No 2 opening of 1st movement
- Tschaikovsky Symphony No 3 alla Tedesca
- Solos by Anna Lindeman and George Goltermann (with piano) almost certainly out of print but I have them.
- Strauss Duo Concertino (cl and bn) slow movement
- Stravinsky Anne’s aria from ‘The Rake’s Progress’
- Elgar ‘Falstaff’
- and perhaps some more.
- Marriage of Figaro
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No 4
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No 6
Loren Glickman’s classes:
1. Beethoven Quintet, Stadio p. 27; Beethoven Octet, St. p. 32
2. Respighi – Trittico Botticelliano – St. p.72
3. Mozart – Piano Concerto in Bb; Strauss – Til Eulenspiegel
4. Cherubini – Aria from Medea; Brahms – Variations/Haydn – St. p.95
5. Hindemith – Herodiade; Verdi – Rigoletto – St. p. 49
6. Beethoven – Coriolano Overture – St. p. 36; Mendelssohn – Ruy Blas. Overture