The Glickman-Popkin Bassoon Camp’s 38th Session
May 25-June 4, 2015
At the stunning Wildacres Retreat Center in NC
It is never too soon to start thinking about Bassoon Camp. The Mountain awaits! Yes, it’s wintertime, but soon spring will be in the air, and the Mountain will be calling us to bring our bassoons and further sundry shenanigans in order to commune at the top of the world once more! Daily opportunities abound for performances, spontaneous chamber music collaborations, plus ample time in nature to relax.
Thanks to the generosity of past and present Campers, we have a limited number of partial scholarships available for those in critical need. Camp generally fills up by May 1st so email to check availability. All deposits are non-refundable after the first of May.
Cost for 2015 is $790 for bassoonists and $690 for guests/guardians.
- Legendary Loren Glickman, who will most certainly whip you into shape
- Amazing Guest Artist:
- Steve Dibner
- Kathleen McLean
- William Short
- Reed classes by expert reed maker Jim Poe
- Paul Nordby Bassoon Repair, to ensure your bassoon sings in tiptop shape
- Pej Reitz, Pianist of the Glickman Ensemble. Will be joining us this year.
- T.D. Ellis and Justin Miller will once again provide their well stocked stores of music and bassoon supplies
- Massage Therapy by Maria Narf-Spuller
- Yoga classes with certified yoga instructor Jessica Lang Wright
- Porch time with flowers, trees, spectacular mountain views, and much laughter