Class Repertoire for 2017
All excerpts are in the Stadio or will be in the camp booklet received upon arrival. All solos and etudes are available from TD at The Music Source
This is just a start there is MORE to come on these lists so please check back.
1) Herzberg Scale and Long tone routine
2) Figaro, Tchaik 4, Rite of Spring, Bartok Concerto for orchestra, Sibelius 2, Beethoven 9, Maybe Shostakovich 10 for 2 bassoons and contra?
3) Some solo French pieces: Saint-Saens sonata, Bitsch, Dutilleux.
1) Topic – Details and development with breathing, support and the flexibility of this system for musical gesture.
2) Topic – Details and development with embouchure/voicing relationship and use for color, intonation and dynamic control.
3) Etudes– Developing musical viewpoints and solving technical issues in Milde, 25 Studies in Scales and Chords and Milde, Concert Studies with focus on Concert Studies, Volume 1, Numbers 1, 3, 8, 9, 10 and 17 – prepare portions of several or select one or two to work on completely.
4) Orchestral Literature – Happy to work with all the repertoire listed by Xie and Sweeney. If you would like to explore other repertoire let’s use:
- Tchaikovsky VI/Mvt. 1 (m. 1-12) and Mvt. 4 (Beginning trough Reh. C) – available IMSLP
- Stravinsky, Pulcinella/Toccata at Reh 69 and Variation 2a of the Gavotta – available in Stadio
- Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique/Mvt. 4 (Reh, 52-53) and Mvt. 5 (Reh. 63-65 and Reh.83-84) – available IMSLP
- Donizetti, The Elizir of Love/Una furtiva lagrima – available in Stadio
5) Solo Literature –Happy to work with any solo literature, if you would like to prepare below repertoire for me…feel free
- Previn Sonata – incorporating jazz influences
- Mignone Waltzes – finding waltz motion and freedom of expression
- Bach Suite I in G for solo cello, Mvts. 1, 2 and 3 – building a phrase from the smallest Baroque motive
1) “Mozart Bassoon Concerto lecture/demo, including dance lesson in Minuet.”
2) Excerpts: Bolero, Beethoven 4, Scheherazade, Tchaikovsky-5, Alborada, Shostakovich 7 and 9, Verdi Requiem
- Monday, May 29th 7:30pm
Beethoven – Symphony #8 Stadio pg. 23
Bizet – Carmen Stadio pg. 119
Mozart – Quintet Stadio pg. 10
- Wednesday. May 31 10am
Haydn – Symphony in G Stadio pg.3
Beethoven – Symphony #7 Stadio pg.28
Rossini – Barber of Seville Stadio pg. 42
- Thursday, June 1 10am
Mozart – Piano Concerto in G Camp book
Pergolesi/Stravinsky – Pulcinella Suite Stadio pg. 79
Schumann – Symphony #1 Stadio pg. 92
Verdi – Aida Stadio pg. 50
- Monday, June 5 10am
Beethoven – Quintet Stadio pg. 27
Strauss – Heldenleben Camp Book
Dukas – Sorcerer’s Apprentice Camp Book
- Wednesday, June 7 10am
Schubert – Octet Stadio pg. 90
Schumann – Symphony #4 Camp Book
Ravel – Piano Concerto in G Camp Book